Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today was a good day...

Those of you following this blog, as well as my YouTube channel, would know that over the past month, I've had some minor technical difficulties. My video card starting giving me grief, forcing me to downgrade to a model that didn't give me nearly the performance I would have preferred. I had been considering the options available to me, and kept my eyes open for any bargains I could find. My observance paid off, as well has having good friends who have my back. :)

A friend and colleague of mine has recently been establishing himself as a stake-holder in a national computer repair franchise, and, as such, has been allowing me to take on some of his clients to help with the workload. Today, I received a phone call asking me to help one particular client with some trouble he had been having. I went to the job-site, helped the customer through his problem, and returned back to my friend's shop to let him know that things had gone smoothly. While I was there, I spied something that really caught my interest. A GeForce 6200 graphics card, compatible with the AGP interface of my motherboard. This card was identical to my original card, down to the manufacturer: XFX. In fact, it actually has double the video memory of that previous card (512MB, as opposed to 256MB). After talking to my friend for a few moments, he noticed my interest, and we worked out a deal that was satisfying for both of us. In lieu of full cash payment for my services, he would let me have the card, and would pay me the remaining balance when he had the cash on him. This was more than acceptable to me, as I was certainly looking forward to the idea of recording my next Minecraft video with a better performing PC.

I've done some tests, and the card works quite nicely, keeping stable framerates both recording and "off-camera". I would record Episode 5 of my Let's Play tonight, but everyone else has gone to bed. So, since I haven't posted either Episode 3 or 4 on this page, I'll do so now. Expect to see me post new episodes on here about as frequently as I can. However, if you really want to keep up with my Minecraft adventures, be sure to check out my channel, and subscribe, so you can be notified as soon as I upload new content.




That's all for now, guys. Expect more in the near future!

-Drew aka reDrew89

No comments:

Post a Comment